Team Lead for Eupepsia Place Limited (Soilless Farm lab)
Farmer Ogbole Samson is a true pioneer in the field of agriculture. He is a visionary leader who is using technology to revolutionize the way we grow food. His work at Eupepsia Place Limited (Soilless Farm Lab) is groundbreaking, and it has the potential to transform the global food system.
Farmer Samson’s approach to agriculture is based on the principles of sustainability, efficiency, and innovation. He believes that we can produce more food with less land, water, and energy by using technology to grow plants in a controlled environment. His AI-based irrigation system ensures that plants receive the optimal amount of water, nutrients, and sunlight, resulting in healthier and more productive crops.
Farmer Samson is also committed to sharing his knowledge and expertise with others. He regularly gives talks and workshops on modern agriculture, and he is always looking for new ways to train and mentor young farmers. He believes that by working together, we can create a more sustainable and food-secure future for all. Farmer Samson’s Enterprise for Youths in Agriculture (EYiA) also known as Work, Learn and Earn currently trains 1000 youths quarterly – providing free training, accommodation, and pay them stipends.
Farmer Samson’s approach to agriculture ensures:
- Reduced environmental impact: By growing plants without soil, Farmer Samson is able to reduce the amount of water, land, and energy used in traditional agriculture. This is a major step towards a more sustainable food system.
- Increased yields: Farmer Samson’s AI-based irrigation system ensures that plants receive the optimal amount of water, nutrients, and sunlight. This leads to healthier and more productive crops, which can help to meet the growing demand for food.
- Improved food quality: Farmer Samson’s plants are grown in a controlled environment, which means that they are not exposed to pesticides or herbicides. This results in healthier and more nutritious food.
- Job creation: Farmer Samson’s work is creating new jobs in the agriculture sector. This is a positive development for both the economy and the environment.
Farmer Samson’s work is a model for the future of agriculture. By adopting a modern, sustainable, and data-driven approach, to create a more food-secure future for all.
Here are some additional information about Farmer Samson:
- Member of the Royal Court of the Ooni of Ife, the traditional ruler of Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
- Two-time TEDx speaker and a one-time TED speaker.
- Recognized as one of the top 7 innovators in Africa by CNN Africa in 2018.
- Recognized as one of the top 100 global leaders combining profit and purpose to help achieve the UN SDGs by Meaningful Business – MB100 in 2019.
- Winner of the Future Agro Challenge 2020.
- Featured in the documentary – “Swallow – food security in Nigeria’s changing climate”.
- Featured on CNN’s African Voices, BBC, BBC Yoruba, Reuters TV, DW, Channels TV etc.
Farmer Ogbole Samson has a B.Sc. Biochemistry Igbinedion University; M. Sc. Biochemistry, Ibadan, and a Biochemistry PhD candidate, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. Other certificates include Disruptive strategy from Harvard Business School, Boston USA, Biotechnology from Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Introduction to Food and Nutrition from Stanford University, Introduction to population health from The University of Manchester, Greening the Economy from Lund University Sweden, Sustainable Agriculture for year 2050 from Wageningen, Agro-ecology and Sustainable Agriculture from The University of Western Australia, Public Health from University at Albany and a student of Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence at University of Austin Texas.
Farmer Samson will continue to make a significant impact on the global food system.